Managing Health Care Expenses In Retirement [10/28]
Most baby boomers will face a health care financial crisis in retirement because of inadequate or faulty knowledge of Medicare basics.
This one-hour educational workshop will begin with an overview of Medicare and end with a discussion of long-term care. It will acquaint CPAs with the way health care works for retirees, and how they can help clients plan for health care expenses and transition smoothly into retirement.
At this workshop, you will learn:
- How Medicare enrollment periods work – and what you need to do to avoid late-enrollment penalties for clients.
- How much clients can expect to pay in health care costs after going on Medicare.
- How Medicare works with private insurance to provide comprehensive coverage.
- Why most people pay too much for private insurance and how you can help clients avoid excess costs.
- Why planning for higher health care costs in retirement is essential – including the possibility of long-term care.